The 2016 APDG Awards event was held
Monday 7th November, 2016 in Sydney
Hosted by Russell Cheek.
Always entertaining, Russell has recently completed his one-man show titled “WHO AM I….?” He was well known as a regular “Brains Trust” panelist on ABC TV’s “EINSTEIN FACTOR” His stage performances include “The GOVERNMENT INSPECTOR”, (Dir Neil Armfield,) “TARTUFFE”, (Dir Barrie Kosky,) and “A MONTH in the COUNTRY”all with the Sydney Theatre Company. He created and guest-directed CIRCUS OZ’s 2003-5 world-touring show and enjoyed ten years of national and international acclaim as a core member of the great musical-theatrical CASTANET CLUB.
…oh – and he was also a “Sale of the Century” champion.
A full list of winners and shortlisted nominees can be found HERE
NEW THIS YEAR!
The addition of GAME DESIGN and VIRTUAL REALITY DESIGN in the INTERACTIVE DESIGN CATEGORY.
The addition of MUSIC CLIP design in the DESIGN FOR A SHORT FILM CATEGORY.
You are welcome to enter projects that have been completed and were performed or screened for the first time between 1st July 2015 and 30 June 2016.
This year we have also introduced an entry fee of $25 for Full members, but entry remains FREE for Student members. This will ensure the continuing success of the awards and we thank you in advance for your support.
ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: To enter your projects, please complete the ENTRY FORM below and submit an ENTRY PACKAGE.
The ENTRY PACKAGE consists of 3 elements:
1. The WORK. The project to be judged. This can be a high quality movie file, and/or a series of JPEGs, PNGs and PDF files. No Word documents or TIFF files for the WORK please. In the case of projects where there is no video component a set of up to twenty high resolution production stills collated in a PDF or video format.
2. The CLIP. Not judged – this will be screened in the Awards Reel if your work is nominated and should be either : a high definition movie file for a cinema screen at 1920 x 1080p. This could also be a set of up to twenty high resolution production stills collated as a video.
3. The STILL. Not judged. This is for our marketing and media.
Read more detailed information on your ENTRY PACKAGE here.
The same WORK may not be entered in more than one Award category. The only exception being the Award for Drawing and Concept Illustration. Entering a WORK in this category which has already been entered in another category costs an additional $25 and requires the submission of a separate ENTRY PACKAGE.
ENTRY PACKAGE. Multiple WORKS (with different titles) may be entered by the same ENTRANT but each entry costs $25 and requires a separate ENTRY PACKAGE.
TO SUBMIT AN ENTRY PACKAGE there are 5 options:
- Shared via Dropbox link to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hightail, WeTransfer download link (or the like) with password emailed to email@example.com
- Aspera link with password emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vimeo download link with password (make sure it is set for download) email to email@example.com
OR if you have difficulty with any of the above options, please
5. Post on a hard drive (with cables) to : APDG Awards at VDYO, 23 Halford Street, Newstead, QLD 4006
NOTE: If your WORK is a feature film, short film, television production or series we may already have this title. Please enquire at firstname.lastname@example.org to check the availability of your title and perhaps save yourself the trouble of sending in the WORK (The CLIP and STILL will need to be sent regardless).
We cannot return submitted materials so please don’t send original drawings and models.
If you have any issues at all with your entry form please send your entry details to : email@example.com