Become part of Australia’s production design community and help shape the future of our industry.
Join as a full member, concession member or friend of the APDG.
|A listing on the APDG website.||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Access to RESOURCES:|
* Recommended websites.
* APDG Noticeboard.
|Social networking on Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo and Flickr.||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Comment on APDG news.||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Discounts at Palace Cinemas, Showreel Finder and AACTA membership.||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Eligible to serve on APDG committees.||Yes||Yes|
|Eligible to enter APDG Awards.||Students-Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Eligible for APDG accreditation.||Yes||n/a|
|Annual membership fee||AU$50||AU$75||AU$150||AU$150|
|Recurring PayPal >||Join Now||Join Now||Join Now||Only renewable|
|Cheque or EFT >||Click here to download a printable form to join and pay via EFT or cheque.|
RENEWALS and AUTOMATIC PAYPAL PAYMENTS
APDG renewal reminders will be sent by email after 12 months to people who have paid via EFT or cheque or by PayPal before May 12th May 2011. All PayPal payments made on or after 12th May 2011 are recurring automatic payments, which means your membership fee will be automatically deducted from your PayPal account unless you cancel the automatic subscription with PayPal before the renewal date which is 12 months after your joining date. To cancel APDG automatic payments go to your PayPal account > My Account > Profile > My Money > My pre approved payments > Update > Australian Production Design Guild > Cancel.
If you do not wish to use the PayPal process to join you can pay via EFT or cheque.
- Download the PRINTABLE MEMBERSHIP FORM
- Print the form.
- Complete the relevant information and sign the form.
- Please make cheques payable to: Australian Production Design Guild (no abbreviations please).
- If paying via EFT please indicate your payment identification.
- Scan and email a jpeg attachment of the form to admin(at)apdg.org.au
- You can also post the completed form to - PO Box 605 Broadway NSW 2007, but this PO box is only emptied about once a month.
- The APDG will process your application and confirm your membership via email and letter.
- Once confirmed you will need to login to this website using your temporary password and update your membership profile.
Eligibility criteria for membership types.
Concession membership is designed for:
- Retired accredited members (Note: accreditation status remains)
- Retired full members
- Retired friends of the APDG
There are no restrictions on who can be a friend of the APDG. This category is designed for directors, cinematographers, producers, suppliers, agents and affiliated professionals. In effect we would like to encourage anybody, anywhere in the world, with an interest in Australian production design to become our friends.
Full members must be Australian or New Zealand based companies or collectives or Australian or New Zealand based residents or citizens who are creative artists in stage and screen. Professions such as:
- Animation director
- Armature rigger
- Art department assistant
- Art dept coordinators
- Art director
- Assistant animator
- Assistant art director
- Assistant / associate designer
- Assistant scenic artist / brush hand
- Background artist
- Character designer
- Colour stylist
- Concept artist / illustrator
- Construction department personnel
- Construction manager
- Costume designer
- Costume illustrator / artist
- Costume finisher
- Costume maker / cutter
- Costume supervisor
- Creative director
- Digital art director
- Event designer
- Game designer
- Graphic designer / artist
- Hatter / milliner
- Interactive multimedia designer
- Layout artist
- Lead / head artist
- Lighting artist /rigger
- Lighting designer
- Location scout
- Makeup artist
- Matte painting artist
- Model maker
- Motion graphic designer / artist
- Motion tracking artist
- Previsualisation artist
- Production designer
- Props buyer
- Props maker
- Props master
- Puppet maker
- Scenic artist
- Set designer
- Set decorator
- Set dresser / on-set dresser
- Set finisher
- Sign writer
- Special effect designer
- Special effects supervisor
- Standby costume / maker / cutter
- Stand-by props
- Stills photographer
- Storyboard artist
- Supervising art director
- Technical artist
- Technical director
- Texture artist / renderer
- Theatre designer
- Title designer
- Vehicles coordinator
- Visual effects coordinator
- Visual effects designer
- Visual effects supervisor
- Website designer / builder
- Wrangler / animal wrangler
Please note this list is not exhaustive and all the professions listed here are expounded in our production design glossary.
- Accredited members are full members that have received APDG accreditation. A person cannot join as an accredited member. If you are interested in receiving accreditation you must join as a full member, apply for accreditation and your application will be assessed. If you are granted accreditation it will remain valid so long as you remain a member. The entire process is detailed on our